Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jaipur Afternoons

This is my first post on this blog. I'm hoping to help keep everyone up to date with my life here in monsoon country. First off, since it's monsoons now, it's incredibly humid. We're getting sporadic downpours when the clouds just can't hold it in anymore, but it's like moving through a really hot cloud the rest of the time. The program is just getting started, we've just made our living arrangements for the next few months. I'm in a lovely sixth floor (7th by American Reckoning) flat overlooking Rajasthan University. We've got five guys in it, and it's a big one. We'll see how everything works out there. Aside from that, we have our first big tour around Jaipur tomorrow and we move in as well. I'll keep posting as more happens and will throw in some pics when I feel like emptying my memory card.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I normally wear bath towels when I walk around in hot steamy rooms. What do people in Jaipur wear? Please post some photos too. BTW, what is the derivation of "Tata Horn Please OK?"